Why belong to iaedp?
Whether you are looking to become part of a professional community within the eating disorders treatment field, building your clinical skills through educational opportunities, seeking a mentor or supervisor, or you are searching for professional development to enhance your career opportunities locally, nationally or internationally, iaedp is most certainly the way to go! Membership in iaedp exposes you to new opportunities and people that could help you now and in the future.
- You develop a network where you meet like-minded professionals that face similar challenges and who may be able to provide insights into solutions that have worked for them.
- In the process you are reaping the benefits of:
- increased credibility
- broadened knowledge
- potential career opportunities
- and last, but certainly not least, lifelong friendships
- Most of us can say easily that without the support of our peers and the professional organizations to which we belong, we would not be nearly as successful.
iaedp NY Chapter Membership:
Please email our Membership Chair for our NY Chapter Discount Code for membership perks specific to the New York Chapter.
- Discounted rates to chapter events and the annual symposium
- Certification eligibility and chapter level support with certification process
- Members have an opportunity to participate in a ceu program through ce-credits online by reviewing iaedp webinars
- iaedp NY members only listserv
- Listings in our “Find An Expert” and “Ongoing Treatment Groups”
- Free members only events
- Discounted liability insurance
- At the Chapter level you will receive attention to state and local issues, referral sources, and a network of colleagues through the members only listserv and social networking
iaedp NY Student Membership Benefits:
For students enrolled in at least 6 semester hours or currently participating in an unpaid internship. Proof of enrollment must be submitted with application. iaedp NY Student members are able to:
- Attend all educational events free of charge
- Network with some of the top clinicians in the field of eating disorders
- Receive first notification of opportunities and internships with board members
- Accrue experience to earn your certification as a specialist in the field
- Contact our iaedp Student Liaison for the NY Chapter Student Discount Code or any questions